[Sw-l] Head position symbols

Profo Rubens Almeida rubens.escritadesinais at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 3 15:40:09 UTC 2022

Hello Valerie!

Greetings to all SignWriting List members!

Thanks for your clarification Valerie, helped me understand the differences
in these symbols!

It was very clear that the main difference is one of positioning and
movement, although it is a subtle difference, it completely changes the
meaning of the signed utterance, as it was presented in the ASL video of
the children's story “Cat in the Hat”.

I confess I didn't know this story, I really liked it❣️🥰🤟🏾

Through the video and the excellent job of transcribing the video into the
Sutton SignWriting system, it became even clearer.

I thought Adam's initiative to edit the video into 30 parts and insert it
into SignPuddle Online with the respective transcripts for SignWriting was
great! I made prints of the 7 phonemes in which there is the head tilt
movement.

I leave here the link where we can watch the part of the video number 20
where we find the phonemes in which there is the head tilt movement:

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/canvas.php?ui=1&sgn=5&sid=158

Again, thank you so much for the support Valerie 😊🌹

Hugs!

- Rubens Almeida