[Sw-l] ANNOUNCEMENT: SooSL 0.9.3 has been released!!!
tim_grove at SIL.ORG
Thu Mar 24 20:10:25 UTC 2022
*SooSL 0.9.3 is now available from our website (Windows/macOS/Linux) *
*(and also through the SIL Linux package repository;
Please visit *https://soosl.net/software.html* for more information and
to download this new software.
Current SooSL users will be notified of this update the next time they
run the program.
*New and improved features:*
* ****Upload to WebSooSL feature added* including support for
uploading to either a public or private version of the same dictionary.
* Tool menu items reordered.
* Improved "About SooSL" dialog.
* Improved "About Dictionary" dialog.
* Improved startup screen (displays and logs progress).
* Improved file dialogs used for opening, importing and exporting
* File extensions are now case-insensitive in file dialogs. (.mp4 =
* When importing a dictionary from a ZooZL file, you can now
specify the new project's folder name.
* Tools menu automatically opens (with usage advice) when opening
SooSL without a dictionary.
* Reinstate sign count in status bar of main window. (Also still
available in "About dictionary" dialog.)
* Updated interface (display language) translations in Spanish,
French, and Romanian.
* Updated and improved help files covering both the desktop and web
versions of SooSL.
* Revised the words used to describe SooSL, for consistency across
SooSL Desktop, SooSL Web, and help files.
*** Yes, we can publish dictionaries online at https://web.soosl.net,
that can now be updated directly from Desktop SooSL.
If this is something that you may be interested in, please
contact us through our website at: https://soosl.net/contact.html.
*A few fixes to known issues:*
* Word list not reloading after deleting sign [macOS] - fixed.
* Occasional crashes on opening [Windows] - fixed.
* File locks not working over network [Linux] - fixed.
*As always, our advice before upgrading to a new version of SooSL is to
export any important projects that you are currently working on, in
order to protect your valuable sign language data.*
We are not expecting you to have problems, but projects will be updated
in order to work with the new software, and will no longer be compatible
with 0.9.1 and earlier versions.
We hope that you enjoy using this new version of SooSL and we want to
thank you for your continued interest and support.
SooSL Development Team
SIGNWRITING LIST INFORMATION
SignWriting List moderator
sutton at signwriting.org
Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu
SignWriting List Archives & Home Page
Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sw-l