[Sw-l] ANNOUNCEMENT: SooSL 0.9.3 has been released!!!

Thu Mar 24 20:33:42 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
March 24, 2022

Thank you, Tim, for posting updated information about your special software: SooSL 0.9.3, which uses SignWriting, for those who find the special features in the software that use SignWriting…

We appreciate the ongoing updates - and if anyone has questions, feel free to ask here on the SignWriting List…

Stay well everyone -

Val ;-)

---------------

> On Mar 24, 2022, at 1:10 PM, Timothy Grove <tim_grove at SIL.ORG> wrote:

SooSL 0.9.3 is now available from our website (Windows/macOS/Linux)
(and also through the SIL Linux package repository; https://packages.sil.org/)

Please visit https://soosl.net/software.html for more information and to download this new software.
Current SooSL users will be notified of this update the next time they run the program.

New and improved features:
	•   ***Upload to WebSooSL feature added including support for uploading to either a public or private version of the same dictionary.
	•   Tool menu items reordered.
	•   Improved "About SooSL" dialog.
	•   Improved "About Dictionary" dialog.
	•   Improved startup screen (displays and logs progress).
	•   Improved file dialogs used for opening, importing and exporting dictionaries.
	•   File extensions are now case-insensitive in file dialogs. (.mp4 = .MP4)
	•   When importing a dictionary from a ZooZL file, you can now specify the new project's folder name.
	•   Tools menu automatically opens (with usage advice) when opening SooSL without a dictionary.
	•   Reinstate sign count in status bar of main window. (Also still available in "About dictionary" dialog.)
	•   Updated interface (display language) translations in Spanish, French, and Romanian.
	•   Updated and improved help files covering both the desktop and web versions of SooSL.
	•   Revised the words used to describe SooSL, for consistency across SooSL Desktop, SooSL Web, and help files.
*** Yes, we can publish dictionaries online at https://web.soosl.net, that can now be updated directly from Desktop SooSL.
        If this is something that you may be interested in, please contact us through our website at: https://soosl.net/contact.html.

A few fixes to known issues:
	•   Word list not reloading after deleting sign [macOS] - fixed.
	•   Occasional crashes on opening [Windows] - fixed.
	•   File locks not working over network [Linux] - fixed.
As always, our advice before upgrading to a new version of SooSL is to export any important projects that you are currently working on, in order to protect your valuable sign language data.
We are not expecting you to have problems, but projects will be updated in order to work with the new software, and will no longer be compatible with 0.9.1 and earlier versions.

We hope that you enjoy using this new version of SooSL and we want to thank you for your continued interest and support.

Best regards,
Timothy Grove
SooSL Development Team
https://soosl.net/terms_of_use/en/