[Sw-l] Nonverbal communication: Two-hand gestures

Ms. AnnaGrace msannagrace20 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 27 23:43:35 UTC 2022

Hi Sutthikhun,

I agree with you about the significance of gestures. It seems to be a very
under-studied and long-overdue research topic.

While gestures may not have "words," they sure can pack a boatload of
meanings!

Even in ASL, there are gestures (in my opinion). Sometimes new students
confuse between gestures and ASL in a narration.

I definitely have it in my notes to provide an activity for students to
point out which is a gesture and a sign in an ASL video. I would like for
us to be able to signwrite gestures as well.

Thanks for bringing it up!

Cheers,

AnnaGrace