[Sw-l] What better way to write sign with more moves and handshapes

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu May 5 00:16:25 UTC 2022

Hi Uta and everyone,

I use LSQ (Quebec Sign Language). You wrote: A question for all, there are
thin "^" and thick "^". What is the difference?  Val or Adam will answer
your question. You will see below the attachment.
Best regards

André
De :  Uta Meißner <uta.hielscher at GMAIL.COM>
Répondre à :  "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages"
<SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Date :  Wed, 04 May 2022 22:24:26 +0200
À :  <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet :  Re: What better way to write sign with more moves and handshapes

Hi Andre,

very interesting to hear, what " ^ " does mean for you.

I don't know, which sign language do you use. I use DGS, german sign
language. I have to think long and hard to find a gesture in which a fist
turns into a flat hand. And I have to say, I can't think of one. So I
selected fist and finger movement at sign2mint.de <http://sign2mint.de> .
There are about 300 matches out of 5000, all to "5".

A question for all, there are thin "^" and thick "^". What ist the
difference?

Greetings Uta

Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu