[Sw-l] 1000 SignWriting Questions

Sun May 8 16:19:17 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
May 8, 2022

1000 SignWriting Questions

The sign for MAKROPHAGE in DGS (German Sign Language)
https://test.sign2mint.de/entry/Makrophage/14548230564932464:904

Adam already gave a good correction. The left hand needs the thumb on the other side, so the left hand needs to be flipped ;-)

For me, I would change the handshape to an open cupped hand. Here is the way I would write it… of course let’s discuss it … but this writes the Position of Contact and each finger can be seen and it the feeling of an open cupped hand, which is what I saw in the video...

On May 5, 2022, at 8:03 AM, Adam Frost <icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Your writing has two right hands. I suspect that the thumb would be visible if this were fixed. ;-)

Adam