[Sw-l] Sign Language Wikipedias will continue!

Sat Oct 8 18:20:45 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
October 8, 2022

Thank you, Steve and Professor Rubens, for a conversation about the Wikipedias in written sign languages.

There are three:

Wikipedia in American Sign Language (ASL)
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/ase

Wikipedia in Brazilian Sign Language (LIBRAS)
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/bzs

Wikipedia in Tunisien Sign Language
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/tse

A couple of months ago we were told that the Wikimedia Foundation might take them down….offline.

But...

Some good news! Steve explained to me this morning that the Wikipedias in SignWriting are not going to be taken down afterall. There are some technical issues behind the scenes, but once those issues are resolved we are able to use the same venue as before. They are still there and they will continue and we can still add articles to the Wikipedias online. Isn’t this great news?

Thank you Steve for explaining this to me and I hope, Professor Rubens, that your projects will continue in Brazil and that others will consider posting new articles …