[Sw-l] Sign Language Wikipedia support servers have been rebuilt

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sun Oct 16 13:44:28 UTC 2022

Hi SignWriting list,

The Sign Language Wikipedias can be found on Wikimedia Incubator.
*
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Incubator:Test_wikis_of_sign_languages

These wikipedias use two custom built servers.
* https://swis.wmflabs.org
* https://swserver.wmflabs.org

They were last rebuilt in 2019 and needed to be rebuilt again.
* https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T306095

I was hoping to avoid doing this work myself, but the volunteers who
said they could help weren't able to complete the task.

So yesterday, I had an extra long coding sprint and finished it this
morning.  The sign language wikipedia support servers are good for
another few years.  Hopefully, the sign language wikipedias will migrate
to the newer development tools in time and these servers can be dropped.
* https://www.sutton-signwriting.io/#production

Until then, your friendly international SignWriting evangelist will
continue to support SignWriting in any way that he can.

Regards,
-Steve

https://steve.signwriting.org