[Sw-l] Another HoopWriting attempt...

Suzanne Pach suzannepach at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 15 14:51:57 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well! It has been a while but recently I had a go at doing
some HoopWriting again! This time I used Affinity designer (similar to
Adobe Illustrator). See gif attached.

I plan to do more later, but for now I have a question about writing the
feet. @Valerie, quite a while ago when I did some other HoopWriting
attempts, you told me in MovementWriting the feet are written in a
different way:
https://www.movementwriting.org/lessons/fullbody/fullbody05.html.
However, since I am writing the hands in a SignWriting way, to me it feels
more natural to write the feet in a "SignWriting" way as well: when I draw
the side of the foot I draw a black (outside of foot) or white (inside of
foot) rectangle and when I show the foot from the front or behind (like in
the attached example) I show a small black/white square.
On the other hand, of course, I want to respect your creation and stay true
to the way you created it. How do you and others think about this?

Thanks for any replies and have a nice day!
Suzanne