[Sw-l] Question about writing with Handshape from different perspectives

Carlos Cristian Libras carloscristianlibras at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:22:43 UTC 2023

Greetings to everyone, in fact I have another opinion on how to
differentiate the two C.M. It has to do with the position of the forearm.
However, the simplest answer is that in every language small phonological
variations are okay to be exchanged. There's even a name for this in
linguistics, it's called "allophony". There are two ways to write signs
using the signwriting method; the first being 100% faithful to the
phonological representation and the second representing the sign that was
written Without much phonic detail. This is wonderful, as signwriting is
the only current writing system that allows At this moment I am not in an
environment that allows me to record video to show my perception of the
difference in the position of the forearm that interferes with this. But I
can then prepare a video and send it. Adam's explanation matches allophony,
I agree, but there are more ways to understand this situation, so I would
like to have the opportunity to show you later Of course, if you have the
patience to put up with me.