[Sw-l] Revisiting Mundbildschrift

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Thu Jun 27 20:56:59 UTC 2024

SignWriting List
June 27, 2024

Hello Amit, Stefan and everyone!

I have had such a remarkable and unusual day. The discussion of Mundbildschrift is very meaningful, and then our internet has been down in my home so I could not respond immediately. It just came on again. And guess who called me while I had no internet? Stefan!

Stefan is retired as a teacher of Deaf children, as you know, but he calls me sometimes and I told him - “Have you seen our discussion about Mundbildschrift on the SW List?”

And he had not realized we were talking about it!

It was a coincidence that he called me today. One of the many things he mentioned to me today was his students and he could read it like reading German words - they could and do read the symbols just like reading words and that it evolved over time - so this must be the reason why we see it changing over the years - the students wrote it by hand on the green board, so the symbols got exagerated - also remember there is the DELEGS computer program - I do not know what they have stored in their Editor program there may be symbols there.

So I believe you need to know how he constructed the special symbols, with what pieces of symbols, to make his Mundbildschrift go fast while using SignPuddle 2?

I have a lot more I can tell you but at least I am back on the internet! Thank you to the internet Gods ;-)

Also Stefan mentioned that he animated it too -

Name: Valerie_Signature_5.jpg
Type: image/jpeg

sutton at signwriting.org
SignWriting.org