[Teach-grammar] English grammar in primary schools

Richard Hudson r.hudson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 10 14:52:32 UTC 2015

Hello Emilie. Thanks for your inquiry. You'll find quite a bit of
information about the situation in the UK on my website at
http://dickhudson.com/education/ . I for one would love to know what's
happening in France! If you have anything for us to read (in French or
English - or any other language!) I'm sure we'd all be interested to see it.

Richard Hudson

On 10/11/2015 13:42, Emilie Kasazian wrote:
> Dear members,
>
> my PHD  research leads me to consider grammar teaching in primary schools.
> I would like to know if there are any existing books or papers
> reviewing the situation regarding grammar teaching in primary schools?
> Based from observations (for example) or questionnaires and which
> would give us a clear view on "what is going on" in terms og English
> grammat teaching in the classroom (frequency, use of metalanguage/
> grammar terminology) etc.
>
> Thank you very much for your advice and recommendations,
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> *Emilie Kasazian *
> *
> ​ PHD candidate - Paris 3 Sorbonne​
>
> *
>
> Doctorante Didactique des langues et des cultures ED 268 - Paris 3
> Sorbonne-Nouvelle- Laboratoire DILTEC
> Membre du groupe de recherche GRAC (Grammaire et contextualisation)
> Membre de l'AFLS (Association  for French Language Studies)

Richard Hudson (dickhudson.com)