Golden Rule

GEORGE THOMPSON thompsng at ELMER4.BOBST.NYU.EDU
Mon May 17 19:32:40 UTC 1999

Beverley Flanigan asks whether anyone else has heard the formulation
of The Golden Rule as "Those with the gold make the rules".

Probably 10 years ago, during the uproar over the logging of old
growth timber in the northwest, I saw, perhaps in the New York Times,
perhaps in a Seattle newspaper -- I took a vacation trip to the
northwest about that time -- a reference to a western land and timber
speculator as being a man who lived by the Golden Rule: He who has
the gold makes the rules.

George A. Thompson