Gotland greetings: F-word

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Fri Aug 25 13:06:04 UTC 2000

Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> F-WORD--Advertised in the subway in Stockholm was "en film av Lukas Moodysson."  The film?  "Som Gjorde Fucking Amal."

I think "en film av Lukas Moodysson som gjorde Fucking Åmål" means "a
film by Lukas Moodysson, who did 'Fucking Åmål'". The famous film
"Fucking Åmål" was  released in the US under another name ("Show Me
Love", I think). I think the English loan word  may be used
figuratively/intensively here; Åmål is the name of a town. See (for
example):

http://www.stud.ee.ethz.ch/~emschmid/fa/lukasinterview.html

... and check the last sentence in the interview!

-- Doug Wilson