hand trucks vs dollies

Benjamin Barrett gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM
Tue Jun 19 02:08:37 UTC 2001

Exactly opposite my response!

Benjamin Barrett

> -----Original Message-----
> From: American Dialect Society
> [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Alice Faber
> Bethany K. Dumas said:
> >What do you call those vertical entities (some are very
> heavy-duty - for
> >moving refrigeraors and such) that allow you to move heavy loads
> >easily?
> If you mean the kind with two wheels and a blade that
> slips under a heavy
> load, which you can then tilt back and move on wheels,
> I'd call that a
> dolly. To me, a hand truck has a flat base and four
> wheels, with a handle
> similar to that on a dolly on one side.

More information about the Ads-l mailing list