'circulation-goosing' - new term?

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Thu Oct 31 17:37:40 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Dodi Schultz wrote:

#Patty Davies asks about the meanings of "goosing" and "canoodling"; she
#thought perhaps the latter referred to goings-on in restaurants.


And the construction "NOUN1-VERBing NOUN2", meaning NOUN2 that VERBs
NOUN1, or NOUN2 that's related to the action of VERBing NOUN1, is well
established and productive, so that given the existing meaning of
"goose", "circulation-goosing caffeine" already means "caffeine that
stimulates circulation". There's no need to posit a new usage or

-- Mark A. Mandel

More information about the Ads-l mailing list