Atkins for your attic

Ron Southerland ronster42 at SHAW.CA
Sat Aug 7 18:53:53 UTC 2004

--On 2004  August 7  14:36 -0400 "James A. Landau" <JJJRLandau at AOL.COM>
wrote:

<...>

| "CXO" which appeared in several articles in the July 26, 2004,
| Computerworld.  In a signed article on the "OPINION" page, "Educate Your
| CXOs" by Maryfran Johnson, the following appeared:
|
| "...the role that all successful CIOs master---that of business
| communicator, educator and guide for the so-called CXOs (that senior
| business lineup of CEOs, CFO, COOs, CMOs and so forth)..."
|
| "CIO" is "Chief Information Officer"
| "CEO" is well-known
| "CFO" is "Chief Financial Officer" and I don't know why that title is only
| one in the list that is not plural
| "COO" is "Chief Operating Officer"
| I don't know what a CMO is.
|
| "CXO" also appeared, without definition, in an article on pages 31-32.

<...>

Looks like (from a peek at www.acronymfinder.com) CXO is 'chief executive
officer' and thus a hypernym for all the others in the list. CMO (from the
same site) would appear to be 'chief marketing officer'. Who knew?

--
Ron Southerland
Gabriola Island