Memes

Benjamin Barrett bjb5 at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Sun Feb 22 02:44:53 UTC 2004

A meme is a quick-moving online phenomenon, now. Sounds like a meme to me...

>From the Minneapolis Star Tribune, February 21, 2004

"We're talking about $70 Canadian, which is a little steep," Barefoot said.
But he's also swayed by the sheer power of this Internet movement, or meme.
"A meme is a..." he paused, searching for layman's terms, "a quick-moving
online phenomenon.  I love the whole digital democracy thing.  And it's a
terrific idea."