"Glass bottle" (vb)

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Wed Jan 26 02:37:25 UTC 2005

With absolutely no literary citation, but an ex-cop's memory, I would
suggest that "glass bottle" as a verb refers not to using it as a club but
to smashing it in the middle of the dilated part, using the neck as the
handle, and using the broken end as a cutting or slashing weapon.
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "John McChesney-Young" <panis at PACBELL.NET>
Since Google inconveniently doesn't allow one to distinguish parts of
speech in searches, "glass bottle" is useless as a search phrase, and
strings like "to glass bottle" and "glass bottled" aren't as helpful
as I'd hoped at first they might be. Adding "violence" to the search
field did turn up this article, though:

Surgeon on glass bottle 'weapon'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/3211769.stm