For some, "Christian" (adj.) no longer includes Lutherans

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Oct 13 04:26:59 UTC 2005

>Here in North Central Arkansas, Christian is code for, born again,
>evangel. bible inerrency,   But not nessasarily republican.

Is this code, or does it stem from a belief that nobody else is
really a Christian (whatever they may profess)?  (This isn't a
rhetorical question--I'm a stranger in these parts.)