"No one washes a rental car" (1991?, 1996)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Sun Jun 4 17:17:02 UTC 2006

From:    Bapopik at AOL.COM

> I'm going through THE QUOTE VERIFIER (2006).

<snip>

> "No one washes a rental car" seems to be from a union leader in 1996, but =20
> what is the 1991 Google Books cite?

Laurence Horn mentioned that you might want to look under the form
"rented house". I'll add that long before i ever heard the rental car
form, i heard "No one ever paints a rented house."

I'm sure there's lots and tons of other variants out there.

<snip>

--
David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx