New meanings for pornography?

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Mon Oct 30 16:31:18 UTC 2006

From:    Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>

> Somewhere or other, somewhen or other, I read that pornography is
> defined as soft-core, regardless of the amouunt of split beaver,
> unless an erect penis is visible in the picture or in the movie. The
> point of the article was that there is a way to permit the
> publication, distribution, and sale of legitimate nudist material,
> while preventing the publication, distribution, and sale of real,
> plain-brown-wrapper, hard-core pornography.

I am not an expert on this (and, in a perhaps regrettable TLA for this
context, IANAL), but i've read that the clear demarcation line between
hard-core and soft-core, at least in the context of broadcast media, is
the "three Es", where any of them makes it instantly hard-core:
Erection, Ejaculation, and Entrance (of the penis into any orifice).
Erection might be expected to trump the rest, since it would usually be
necessary for the others to happen, but that isn't strictly true.

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida