Yonduh lies de castle of de caliph, my fadder (attrib Tony Curtis 1961 Nov)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Oct 20 14:07:38 UTC 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Garson O'Toole wrote:

> The Prince Who Was a Thief
> New York Times Review Summary
> http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/106668/The-Prince-Who-Was-a-Thief/overview
> <Begin excerpt>
> Fine escapist entertainment, The Prince Who Was a Thief secured major
> stardom for both its leading players. And no, this is not the film in
> which Tony Curtis utters the apocryphal line "Yonduh lies duh castle
> of my faddah." ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
> <End excerpt>
>
> Garson

…Raising the question of just which film it *was* in which he uttered the apocryphal line.  I imagine it would be hard to pin that down.  (I distinctly remember Curtis not uttering the line in "Some Like It Hot".)

LH