In a post to Slashdot: "_Woah_, slow down!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 27 23:40:56 UTC 2012

Only the second time that I've come across this respelling, but it's
in UD from '04 (UD '06: "4. _woah_ the cool, ac[t]ually the COOLEST
way to spell WHOA.") and gets nearly 3,000,000 raw hits, including one
in which someone asks what the proper spelling is, "whoa" or "woah" -
or should that be, "… asks what is the proper spelling ..."?

--
-Wilson
-----