Graph the popularity of words over time with Ngram Viewer

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 24 15:53:56 UTC 2013

I searched on  https://books.google.com/ngrams
for words  horrible,terrible,awful,lousy,insane,ridiculous,very bad

The graph for all these words (but lousy) rises from 2000 to 2008 (last year in database I suppose)
This corresponds to the rise of terrorism and war.
Results show that things were twice as terrible as they were horrible or awful, and 10 times worse than very bad.
I'm just sayin.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk