[Ads-l] Desperate Last Plea for Most Notable Quotations of 2014

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 12 01:55:13 UTC 2014

It's November 11 and I still don't have 10 quotations that I consider to be suitable for my annual list, run by the Associated Press, of the top 10 most notable quotations of the year.  By “notable” I mean “important” or “famous” or “particularly revealing of the spirit of our times” rather than necessarily being eloquent or admirable.  So I am renewing my plea for suggestions of notable quotations from 2014, particularly ones from politics or popular culture or entertainment or sports or business or technology.

Fred Shapiro