[Ads-l] Query concerning the removal of "French" from "French horn" (2nd try)

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Jun 24 13:43:51 UTC 2015

I have done some research on the original topic (what are these instruments called?) and the answer from the Detroit classical music community is that no (French) horn player in Detroit calls it anything other than 'horn'. Source is a friend who is Executive Director of the Detroit Chamber Winds and Strings and former principle trombone for the Michigan Opera Theater. He knows all the professional brass players in the Detroit area, and says he doesn't know a single player who calls it anything but 'horn'.
Maybe it's regional...

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.