[Ads-l] Don't mess with Texas!

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon May 23 18:37:32 UTC 2016

...when Texans can mess with it themselves.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/19/478720206/how-the-wrong-verb-meant-the-texas-gop-called-most-texans-gay

From the just adopted Texas Republican party platform:

84. Homosexuality is a chosen behavior that is contrary to the fundamental truths that has been ordained by God in the Bible, recognized by our nations founders, and shared by the majority of Texans.

I think they left out a comma (after "truths", where they're claiming that God ordained homosexuality in the Bible.  Not *my* reading of Scripture, but Texas Republicans should know.

LH