[Ads-l] to live-tweet

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Jun 10 14:54:37 UTC 2017

One difference between “live-tweeting” (or “live-twittering”) an event, whether it’s a movie or a senate hearing, and “tweeting during” an event is that the former makes it clear that the event is the subject of the tweet.  Trump could have tweeting *during* the Comey hearing but if the tweet was about all those illegal votes for Hillary he wouldn’t have been live-tweeting the hearing.  If that’s right, then “live-tweeting during the hearing” would indeed be redundant, but “live-tweeting the hearing” wouldn’t be.

LH