[Ads-l] old, not bold

Sun Dec 2 10:22:22 UTC 2018

Interesting saying, JL.

[Begin excerpt from Barry Popik's website]
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old,
bold pilots” is an old aviation adage. Harry Copland (1896-1976), who
first flew in an airplane in 1911, made the saying famous. The Boston
(MA) Herald briefly profiled Copland on June 10, 1934:

“Given to sage remarks, Copland’s statement, ‘There are old pilots and
there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots,’ has become
famous throughout the land.”
[End excerpt from Barry Popik's website]

https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/there_are_old_pilots_and_bold_pilots_but_there_are_no_old_bold_pilots/