December 2018 Archives by thread
Starting: Sat Dec 1 20:32:27 EST 2018
Ending: Fri Dec 14 10:29:16 EST 2018
- [Ads-l] old, not bold
- [Ads-l] emigrate vs. immigrate
- [Ads-l] Call for Nominations for Presidential Honorary Memberships =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=94_?=due 12/20/18
- [Ads-l] Submit your 2018 Word of the Year nominations!
- [Ads-l] Quote: If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment. Attributed to Ernest Rutherford by J. M. Hammersley, Oct. 1961
- [Ads-l] Facebookery: "He is a _trader_ to his species."
- [Ads-l] Meta-AD: who decides (are we all presciptivists)?
- [Ads-l] _mo-cap_ - motion capture CGI magic
- [Ads-l] NYTimes: "A _fathom_ of lies"
- [Ads-l] Quote: The fool tries to convince me with his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own
- [Ads-l] Question on Pronunciation Peeving
- [Ads-l] Drink names in Afghanistan
- [Ads-l] AYFKMWTS and GTFOOH
- [Ads-l] CfP: ILA 2019
David K. Barnhart
- [Ads-l] after all: reinforcement for an earlier statement
- [Ads-l] "Quotations of the Year" List is Out
- [Ads-l] spam (gaming)
- [Ads-l] Jinx; Comments on Etymology treatment
Cohen, Gerald Leonard
- [Ads-l] Washington Post Article on Quote List
- [Ads-l] Heard: "I will _'compilate_ all the rules of protocol."
- [Ads-l] "figure" as figger.
- [Ads-l] Cabbage Patches to Nineties Old-School Jams
- [Ads-l] From Kibosh to wild havers
- [Ads-l] Dylanesque
- [Ads-l] OED updates
- [Ads-l] Toast: Champagne for our real friends, real pain for your sham friends
- [Ads-l] OED updates (UNCLASSIFIED)
MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (USA)
- [Ads-l] Did Comey setup Flynn?
- [Ads-l] Still Further Antedating of "Dylanesque"
- [Ads-l] Modern Proverb: If you are not at the table, you may be on the menu.
Last message date:
Fri Dec 14 10:29:16 EST 2018
Archived on: Fri Dec 14 10:29:46 EST 2018
This archive was generated by
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition).