[An-lang] Searching for a Tagalog/ Filipino corpus

Laurie Reid reid at hawaii.edu
Fri Apr 12 22:22:34 UTC 2019

Curt McFarland who published extensively on Tagalog verbs and other
structures had a large corpus of Tagalog texts. I don't know where or if it
is available. Curt retired with his wife several years ago from his
professorship at Waseda University in Tokyo, and is living somewhere in the
outskirts of Manila. I no longer have his email address or where he can be
contacted. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:44 PM Tom Payne <tpayne at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> You may want to look at https://corporaproject.org/. It contains a small
> corpus of Tagalog texts (4000 words), but is heavily weighted towards
> regional languages. I'm copying Voltaire Oyzon who is doing a corpus based
> lexical study of Waray as his dissertation. The two of you may have
> research interests in common.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom Payne

--------------------------