ARABIC-L: LIT: Shaa`iraat al-`Arab Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jan 7 18:50:21 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Shaa`iraat al-`Arab Query

Date: 07 Jan 1999
From: G.Borg at let.kun.nl
Subject: Shaa`iraat al-`Arab Query

Dear colleagues,

My question has to do with sources: In the Mu`jam al-Nisaa' al-Shaa`iraat
(sic) fii '-Jaahiliyya wa'l-Islaam, edited I think in 1996 in Beirout by
Abd Allah `Ali Muhannaa (never mind the transcriptions) the editor mentions
a source called: Shaa`iraat al-`Arab. I am completely at a loss as to what
the editor means by this source. It is definitely not the Riyaad al-Adab
fii Maraathii Shawaa`ir al-`Arab by Cheikho. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Many thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Gert Borg