ARABIC-L: LING: Arabic Corpus Response

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jun 7 21:14:49 UTC 1999

1) Subject: classical and middle age arabic corpus

Date: 07 Jun 1999
From: Dalal Mahmoud <elgemei at humnet.ucla.edu>
Subject: classical and middle age arabic corpus

I am hope that what I suggest for you could be of some help. I know
Sakhr Computer Software Co. in Egypt is working extensively on Arabic
and Classical (Religious Quran and Hadith) text that are
computerized. You may try them and give them exact details of what
you are looking for and hopefully you may find what you are looking
for. Their web site is : http://www.sakhr Co.(I am sorry because I
cannot remember whether there is a dot after sakhr or not. Try both).
There is also an e-mail for questions about the extensive
Arabic-Arabic dictionary they have built which is alqamoos at sakhr.com
I find your query very interesting because I myself had trouble
trying to locate a corpora of Modern Standard Arabic. I found one at
the AUC in Cairo where I work and I am still trying to find some
details about it. There is also another one that should be ready for
linguistic analysis but only in five or six months. You may e-mail
Dr.Ali Farghly at farghaly at umich.edu