ARABIC-L: PEDA: Arabic tutoring in Cairo responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jun 7 21:13:15 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Arabic language tutoring in Cairo
2) Subject: Tutoring in Cairo

Date: 07 Jun 1999
From: Dalal Mahmoud <elgemei at humnet.ucla.edu>
Subject: Arabic language tutoring in Cairo

You were asking about Arabic tutoring in Cairo. I know that the
British Council in Cairo has an excellent division there for teaching
Arabic to non-native speakers. You can even arrange to have a tutor
if you want. Unfortunately I do not have their e-mail address.
Perhaps you may browse Yahoo and search for the British Council in
Cairo or in Alexandria. The second option is the American University
in Cairo where they also have the Arabic Studies Division and they do
teach Arabic for non-native speaker. Here is the e-mail of the
division director David Wilmsen dwilmsen at aucegypt.edu. E-mail him and
I am sure that he will be glad to answer all your questions.
By the way I am Dalal El Gemei. I am teaching at both Al AZhar
University in Cairo and at the ASD ( I teach translation). I am
currently a visiting scholar of the UCLA for three months. My e-mail
is either da2609 at hotmail.com or elgemei at humnet.ucla.edu The second
e-mail is only temporary till I leave the States by the end of JUly.
Thank you