Arabic-L:LING:Synonym responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Feb 9 00:12:29 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Synonym thanks
2) Subject: Synonym response
3) Subject: Synonym response
4) Subject: Synonym response
5) Subject: Synonym response
6) Subject: Synonym response
7) Subject: Synonym response

Date: 08 Feb 2000
From: Dil Parkinson <dil at byu.edu>
Subject: Synonym thanks

Thanks to all those who responded to my query for names and sources of
modern Arabic synonym books.  It looks like there is quite a bit out there.
I have posted them below.
Dil

Date: 08 Feb 2000
From: M Meinke <sakhrus at erols.com>
Subject: Synonym response

The Sakhr basic dictionary, Al-Qamoos, includes antonyms, synonyms, and
examples of usage.  You can access the dictionary from either of the
Sakhr websites:  www.sakhr.com (Arabic interface) or www.sakhrsoft.com
(English).

In addition, the lexicon site at lexicons.sakhr.com has now added
Lissan Al-Arab and the Al-Ghani modern Arabic lexicon to the existing
Al-Muheet, Muheet Al-Muhaeet, Al-Mu'ajam Al-Waseet lexical sources.
Lissan Al-Arab includes the classical lexicons of Tahzib Al-Lugha,
Al-Mohkam, Al-Sahhah, al-Hwashi, and Al-Nihaiya.

All of these are accessible for free through the websites.

DIGITEK INTERNATIONAL