Arabic-L:TRANS:dictionary responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Nov 14 22:00:09 UTC 2001

1) Subject: dictionary response
2) Subject: dictionary response
3) Subject: dictionary response

Date:  14 Nov 2001
From: Tim Buckwalter <TimBuckwalter at aol.com>
Subject: dictionary response

I recommend that you add the English-Arabic "Munjid" to your collection. The
Lebanese produce beautiful bilingual dictionaries and this one is no
exception:

Thiyuduri, Qustantin. al-Mounged : English-Arabic / by C. Theodory. 1st. ed.
Beirut : Librairie Orientale, 1996. $22.00 (U.S.). 996, [164] p. : ill. ; 25
cm. English-Arabic dictionary.  LCN: 97963228

also listed as:
Theodory, C.: al-Mounged : english - arabic / by C. Theodory .- 2. éd .-
Beirut: Librairie Orientale, 1997 .- 996, 20, 143 S. : Ill

and also:
Theodory, Constantin
Al-Mounged: English-Arabic / by C. Theodory. -- 2nd. ed.. -- Beirut :
Librairie Orientale, 1997
Contiene : Appendices : I. Irregular verbs -- II. Countries, related nouns,
adjectives and capitals -- III. Chemical symbols -- IV. Comparative proverbs
Contiene : Biographical names, p. 1-143

Tim