Arabic-L:LING:Lang Policy in Syria, Egypt refs

Fri Feb 24 23:14:45 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Lang Policy in Syria, Egypt refs
2) Subject:Lang Policy in Syria, Egypt refs

Date: 24 Feb 2006
From:madihadoss at yahoo.com
Subject:Lang Policy in Syria, Egypt refs

Dear Reem
Most of what is written on language policies concerns the North
Africa and particularly Marocco. As for Eastern countries, there is a
book by Saad bin hadi al-QaHTani, entitled at-ta'riib wa-naZariyyat
at-akhTiiT al-loghawii, published by Markaz diraasat al-wiHda
l-'arabiyya.
You can find intersting things in Niloofar Haeri's book Sacred
language, ordinary people.
I myself work on language policy in Egypt as you know but I have not
published anything yet. What are you looking for more precisely?
Regards
Madiha