Arabic-L:Arabic Computational Linguistics Job

Fri Feb 24 23:14:43 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Arabic Computational Linguistics Job

Date: 24 Feb 2006
From:eissa at comcast.net
Subject:Arabic Computational Linguistics Job

Hello Dr. Eissa,

I work for a company that specializes in recruitment in the
translation industry.  I was give your name by Mr. Aziz Ismail who
suggested you may be a person who could point me in the right
direction.  I have a client that is looking for an Arabic speaking
Computational Linguist.  He thought that maybe with your ties to the
academic community, you might be able to give a recommendation.

Please find an attached job description.  I appreciate you taking a
moment to think about this.

COMSYS LLC is the leading provider of globalization solutions and
globalization staffing.  We are a nation wide company comprised of 42
offices in the US, Canada and Europe.

Our customer, headquartered in California, has an opening in their
satellite 9-person engineering office in downtown Boston for an
Arabic Computational Linguist. The customer's focus is in developing
software applications that help their customers' effectively manage
huge volumes of unstructured content or data.

The focused and energetic team is looking for a team member to be
responsible for creation, maintenance and augmentation of machine-
readable dictionaries, grammar rules and parsing algorithms and the
development and maintenance of tools for the automation and support
of linguistic tasks.

Skills Required/Responsibilities:
Minimum of B.A. in Computational Linguistics or equivalent plus 2
years of
experience in the NLP industry, or M.A. in Computational Linguistics or
equivalent.
Strong background in syntax and morphology
Proficiency in at least one data manipulation language (Purl preferred)
Fluency in English
Native or near-native knowledge of Arabic
Strict adherence to formal, documented development processes
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills/Pluses
Experience with regex languages and finite state automata for NLP
applications
Experience with developing or maintaining modules for human languages
other
than immediate area of expertise
Good working knowledge of at least one programming language (C++
preferred)
Full understanding of the software development life cycle.

Please send resumes to globalization at comsys.com in word.doc format to
be considered.  All candidates must be authorized to work in the
United States.

Regards,

Jason Pacheco

Globalization Placement Manager