Arabic-L:GEN:ARAM Society conference at Oxford

Fri Feb 24 23:14:39 UTC 2006

1) Subject:ARAM Society conference at Oxford

Date: 24 Feb 2006
From:aram at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Subject:ARAM Society conference at Oxford

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to you about the new website of the ARAM Society
(www.aramsociety.org), which aims to update our colleagues and
friends on ARAM academic activities.

Also, I would like to announce to you our next ARAM conference on

Iconography and Mythology of Prophet Elijah, St George and al-Khodor
in the Syrian Orient, 4-6 July 2006 (Oxford University).

The conference will start on Tuesday 4 July at 9am, finishing on
Thursday 6 July at 5pm. Each speaker’s paper is limited to 30
minutes, with an additional 10 minutes for discussion.

If you wish to participate in the conference, please contact our
Oxford address as soon as possible:
ARAM, the Oriental Institute, Oxford University, Pusey Lane, Oxford
OX1 2LE, England. Tel. ++1865-514041. Fax ++1865-516824. E.Mail:
HYPERLINK "mailto:aram at orinst.ox.ac.uk" aram at orinst.ox.ac.uk

All papers given at the conference will be considered for publication
in a future edition of the ARAM Periodical, subject to editorial review.

If you know of colleagues who might like to contribute to the
conference, please forward this message to them or send us their
names and email addresses. Yet, we would like to remind our
colleagues that only academics are allowed to present a paper at an
ARAM conference.

If you have any questions or comments at any time, I am always happy
to receive them.
Yours sincerely,

Dr Shafiq Abouzayd