Arabic-L:PEDA:Colloquial in the Curriculum

Wed Aug 1 16:51:25 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Colloquial in the Curriculum

Date: 01 Aug 2007
From:Antonio Giménez <huesteantigua at yahoo.es>
Subject:Colloquial in the Curriculum

I am really interested in learning more about Cornell's integrated
program
and similar ones, and would like to start by asking Munther Younes for
advice. I think this will give us an idea not only about the program
itself,
but also as to whether it can be easily adopted and adapted elsewhere.

Let us suppose we want to try this integrated approach but need to
focus on,
say, Moroccan Arabic, which is by far the most widely spoken variety of
Arabic today in Spain, where I teach. From your experience, what steps
should be taken concerning textbooks, other teaching materials,
instructors,
etc., before we are able to introduce such a program? What kind of
difficulties, if any, should we expect?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Antonio Giménez