Arabic-L:LING:Plurals

Wed Jun 13 16:56:19 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Plurals
2) Subject:Plurals
3) Subject:Plurals

Date: 13 Jun 2007
From:"haider bhuiyan" <haider.bhuiyan.2 at m.cc.utah.edu>
Subject:Plurals

Peace to all:

Out of the three observations, I would like to make a point about the
observation (1).
I think here the rule is of situation/condition/position which in
Arabic called حال , not of plural of any kind. Please note, in the
verse 7:160 the word at question is أسباطا not أسباط shown
in the question as plural. The word أسباطا may be analyzed this
way: أسباط is plural of سبط that does not take ،ا،  but
this plural noun has one. Why? Because this ،ا، is independent of
the original plural noun أسباط and it is the ،ا، of
situational structure of the sentence called حال . I hope I am
making some sense.

Best regard

Haider Bhuiyan