Arabic-L:LING:arabiyyuuna?

Mon Feb 18 21:16:54 UTC 2008

1) Subject:arabiyyuuna?
2) Subject:arabiyyuuna?
3) Subject:arabiyyuuna?

Date: 18 Feb 2008
From:AWEISS,SALEM I" <saweiss at ufl.edu>
Subject:arabiyyuuna?

greetings

i believe that the second entry where arabic is used suffers from
typos and/or weak or inaccurate arabic:

the first sentence (typo): i would think that the term after
"qawmiyyun" is a synonym "urubiyyun" and not "arabiyyun" meaning
nationalist arabs (use problably as a form of couplet/coupling
frequently used in arabic).

the second sentence includes: takharju (min) not "fi" and "ajyal
misryyah wa arabiayyah (arabiyyun wa misriyyun". appearing in "al-
ahram" doesn't render it completely accurate.