Arabic-L:PEDA:Flagship Results Meeting CFP

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Dec 8 04:03:12 UTC 2011

1) Subject:Flagship Results Meeting CFP

Date: 08 Dec 2011
From:"Al-Batal, Mahmoud M" <albatal at austin.utexas.edu>
Subject:Flagship Results Meeting CFP

Dear Colleagues in the field of Arabic,
On behalf of all the Arabic Flagship programs we would like to call your attention to the Flagship Results 2012 meeting in NY in October 2012. We would like to see strong participation by our field. Please see information below and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Best,
Mahmoud Al-Batal

THE LANGUAGE FLAGSHIP
CALL FOR PAPERS

RESULTS 2012
RESULTS OF THE FIRST DECADE OF THE LANGUAGE FLAGSHIP
DISCUSSIONS ON LANGUAGE TEACHING AND LEARNING AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS

The Language Flagship welcomes proposals for papers to be presented at Results 2012 in New York City on October 26, 2012. Scholars from Flagship and non-Flagship institutions are invited to submit a 500-word abstract of their proposed papers by January 20, 2012, in any of the following areas:

• Best Practices in Advanced Language Pedagogy
• Best Practices in Assessing Language Learning
• Applied Linguistics and Linguistic Applications in Language Teaching
• Language in the Disciplines and Professional Language Use
• Dissemination of the Flagship Model (Diffusion of Innovation)
• The Role of Culture in Language Teaching and Learning
• How Language and Cultural Learning Affect Students’ Academic, Personal, and Professional Development
• Collaboration with K-12

Papers should address the broad context of the topics listed above and must be relevant across languages.

PLEASE SUBMIT ABSTRACTS TO:   http://flagshipresults2012.international.ucla.edu

If you have any questions or concerns about submissions or topics, please contact Dr. Mahmoud Al-Batal at albatal at austin.utexas.edu or at 512-471-3463