Arabic-L:GEN:U of Wyoming Arabic Graduate Assistantship

Fri Nov 23 14:58:56 UTC 2012

1) Subject:U of Wyoming Arabic Graduate Assistantship

Date: 23 Nov 2012
From:Ali Hechmi Raddaoui <araddaoui at gmail.com>
Subject:U of Wyoming Arabic Graduate Assistantship

Dear Colleagues,

I hope you will share this information with your students.  The UW Global
and Area Studies Program is seeking applicants interested in pursuing a
Master’s in International Studies who also speak Arabic fluently. We have a
graduate assistantship opportunity within the UW Global and Area Studies
Program which specifically is looking for a student who can teach the
1styear introductory course sequence in the Arabic language program.
This is
in addition to the general graduate assistantships also available on a
competitive basis to all applicants.  Given these special circumstances, I
hope you will disseminate this information as widely as possible.

We are a small but diverse MA program that broadly focuses on international
studies.  We have a lot of students who do work on development and the
environment, but we also have people who study democratization in the
Ukraine, human footprint studies in Africa, East Asian development, etc.
We get a lot of international applicants and draw from across the United
States as well from people with diverse backgrounds that include Political
Science, Languages, Anthropology, and English, as well as other areas such
as Environmental Studies, among others.  Graduate assistantships cover
tuition expenses for the Fall/Spring semesters, provide a stipend, and
health insurance.  The graduate assistant will teach an introductory
section of ARBC 1010 in the fall and ARBC 1020 in the spring under the
supervision of Prof. Ali Raddaoui. Candidates for this position must
simultaneously apply to our MA program and should specifically note their
interest in this graduate assistantship.  Further information about the
International Studies Master’s Programs and application procedures is
available on our website at http://www.uwyo.edu/INTSTUDY/.

Thank you for your help in spreading the word about this graduate
assistantship opportunity and the UW International Studies Master’s Program.
People are welcome to contact me directly at (araddaou at uwyo.edu) or
307-766-2650 or contract Professor Jean Garrison, Global and Area Studies
Program Director at (garrison at uwyo.edu)

or 307-766-6119, or to discuss graduate program options with Dr. Adam
Henne, Graduate Director, (ahenne at uwyo.edu) or 307-766-4188.

Sincerely,

Ali H. Raddaoui,
Associate Professor of Applied Linguistics and Arabic
Arabic Program Director.