Arabic-L:PEDA:Language Learning and Technology v. 17

Wed Feb 13 03:18:31 UTC 2013

1) Subject:Language Learning and Technology v. 17

Date: 12 Feb 2013
From:lltmedia at HAWAII.EDU
Subject:Language Learning and Technology v. 17

We are happy to announce that Volume 17, Number 1 of *Language Learning*

*& Technology* is now available at http://llt.msu.edu. The contents are
listed below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to sign up to receive your free
subscription if you have not already done so. Also, we welcome your
contributions for future issues. Check our guidelines for submission
at: http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Chun and Mark Warschauer, Editors
Language Learning & Technology (http://llt.msu.edu)

----- FEATURE ARTICLES -----

 L2 Identity, Discourse, and Social Networking in Russian

by Liudmila Klimanova and Svetlana Dembovskaya

 Using a Radical-Derived Character E-Learning Platform to Increase Learner
Knowledge of Chinese Characters
by Hsueh-Chih Chen, Chih-Chun Hsu, Li-Yun Chang, Yu-Chi Lin, Kuo-En Chang,
and Yao-Ting Sung

Digital Texts for Learning Finnish: Shared Resources and Emerging Practices
by Juha Jalkanen and Heidi Vaarala

Ojibwe Language Revitalization, Multimedia Technology, and Family Language
Learning

by Mary Hermes and Kendall A. King

----- COLUMNS AND COMMENTARIES -----

Special Issue Commentary

LCTLs and Technology: The Promise of Open Education

by Carl Blyth

Emerging Technologies
edited by Robert Godwin-Jones

The Technological Imperative in Teaching and Learning Less Commonly Taught
Languages
by Robert Godwin-Jones

Action Research
edited by Greg Kessler

 Tablets for Informal Language Learning: Student Usage and Attitudes

by Xiao-Bin Chen

 Commentaries

MALL—Somewhere between the Tower, the Field, the Classroom, and the Market:
A Reply to Professor Stockwell’s Response

by Oliver James Ballance

----- REVIEWS -----

Edited by Paige Ware

An Introduction to Moroccan Arabic and Culture
Chekayri, A.
reviewed by Mike Turner

 Working Mandarin for Beginners
Zhou, Y., with Gerber, M.L.
reviewed by Haidan Wang

Working Portuguese for Beginners
Rector, M., Santos, R., Amorim, M., with Gerber, L.M.
reviewed by Vivian Flanzer

Learning in the Cloud: How (and Why) to Transform Schools with Digital Media
Warschauer, M.
reviewed by Mike Levy