Arabic-L:LING:'now' query responses

Fri May 23 22:40:01 UTC 2014

1) Subject: now' query response
2) Subject: now' query response
3) Subject: now' query response
4) Subject: now' query response
5) Subject: now' query response
6) Subject: now' query response

Date: 23 May 2014
From: Zaki Haidar <zaki.haidar at gmail.com>
Subject: now' query response

فَـ seems like the obvious candidate.

Date: 23 May 2014
From: Jon Forsyth <jon4syth at gmail.com>

The most comprehensive research on discourse connectives that I have found
was done my Amal AlSaif.  She compiled a comprehensive list of discourse
connectives.  Details are in her Phd Thesis:

http://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/3129/

See the appendix D for a list of discourse connective types and their
semantic categories.  I don't see الآن on her list, but perhaps there is a
functional equivalent.