Dena'ina (and Tlingit, sorta) in the news

Ryan Denzer-King johndillinger43 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 17 17:39:02 UTC 2009

However, it's not necessary to borrow a word from English to name a new concept.  Those that want to keep the purity of their language (which I don't think is without warrant) can use language-internal lexemes, e.g., the Blackfoot word for 'car' is a compound meaning "it begins to run without apparent cause".

Ryan Denzer-King