Request for ALC speakers' handouts

James Crippen jcrippen at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 24 01:18:41 UTC 2010

As many list subscribers will know, the Athabaskan Languages
Conference is this weekend. For those of us who can’t attend – like me
– it would be a nice gesture if speakers at the ALC could distribute
their handouts out digitally.

To avoid clogging people’s inboxes with unwanted email, just announce
on this list whether you are willing to send out digital copies
(preferably PDFs) to list subscribers. People who want them will then
contact you directly.

At some point I think there should be an online archive for us with
preprints, handouts, and so forth. This would be especially useful
given the amount of unpublished papers and other ephemera in
Athabaskan studies which end up being cited. Maybe some faculty member
somewhere would be willing to look into starting such a thing? I’d be
willing to help but can’t host it myself.

ALC attendees are encouraged to promote this list to others there who
aren’t subscribed. The list becomes more useful when more people are
subscribed to it. Just remember, “Google athapbasckan”, that’s “PB
then CK”.

Thanks,
James