Croman mac Nessa: Ivernian

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Tue May 21 12:01:18 UTC 2002

From: XPrinceHawkX at aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 01:19:12 EDT
Subject: Re: [CELTLING] Marion Gunn: Ivernian
To: CELTLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG

Sgrìobh Marion:

><< you can always find an appropriate, existing place - there is
>  really no need to duplicate _native_ services, rather than supporting/them.

While that may be so, I don't believe there is any native service for the
Proto-Celtic roots.  This list would seem to be the most likely candidate for
that, in my opinion.  You yourself saw what results I got on Old-Irish-L
(basically being told to look at things I was already familiar with).  I've
spoken with a native Welsh friend, who is fluent in both literary and
vernacular Welsh, and he couldn't offer any help, either.  It would seem that
I need the assistance of Celtic linguistic anthropologists, not merely the
assistance of speakers of the languages, ergo, CeltLing, or so I had hoped
upon subscribing.

Beannachd,
Croman mac Nessa

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link